Effective: September 10, 2013
Last Revised: September 10, 2013
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Personal Information: "Personal Information" is information that can personally identify you. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may retain it as reasonably required to fulfill the purposes identified herein. Personal Information that we collect depends on how you use the Site. For example, if you register to use the Site, the Personal Information that we may collect from you may include your name, email address, company of employment, title, telephone number and any other information that you provide to us.
Providing your Personal Information to us is your choice. If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Information, you may not be able to take advantage of certain features of the Site.
2. General Information: When you visit the Site, we may automatically monitor your activity on the Site and collect various categories of general non-personal information ("General Information"), such as browser information, operating system information, search terms used to locate the Site, IP address and the date, time, length of stay and specific pages accessed during visits to the Site.
We use "session cookies" to help you access and navigate the Site more efficiently, to customize the user experience, to store certain user information that you previously provided (i.e., username and password) and to statistically monitor how many users are using the Site. A "session cookie" is a temporary, small file or tool stored on a user"s hard drive containing information that allows us to deliver customized information to you. You may set your browser to notify you when a cookie is placed or decline the receipt of cookies; however, certain features of the Site may not function properly or be available to you if your browser is configured to disable cookies. Session cookies are erased once you exit your web browser or turn off your computer.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Some specific examples of how Principia may use your Personal Information are:
1. to customize, analyze, adjust and improve the Site to better meet your needs;
2. to facilitate communication between Principia and you;
3. to provide you with information that may interest you, such as our newsletters, informational "white pages" or emails about our products and services;
4. to provide you with marketing and promotional information about products and services we believe are of interest to you;
5. to administer a promotion or survey;
6. to enforce Principia"s agreements with you;
8. to prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
4. Sale or Transfer of Information: In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of Principia or the Site, Personal Information and/or other information collected through the Site may be sold, assigned or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of Principia or the Site. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your information also may be transferred as a business asset. By using the Site and submitting your information to us, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this Paragraph 4.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you tell us that you do not want us to use your Personal Information to contact you, Principia will respect your wishes. You may instruct Principia to stop sending you email messages, newsletters or other information by sending an email with your name, address and email address with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line of such email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if available, following the "unsubscribe" instructions provided. Principia may, however, continue to use your Personal Information to contact you to service your account, or as otherwise authorized by law. Please note that if you use more than one name or email address when communicating with Principia or using the Site, you may continue to receive communications from Principia to any name and/or e-mail address not specified in your opt-out request. If you would like to modify or delete your Personal Information, please send an email to email@example.com with clear instructions in the body of the email about what you would like to have modified or deleted or, if available, following the "edit profile" instructions provided.
Principia has implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. While Principia strives to protect your information, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and, consequently, we cannot ensure the security of any information. In addition, Principia works to protect the security of your personal information when utilizing the Site by using well-known Internet encryption technologies, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). You should be aware that Principia has no control over the security of other sites on the Internet you might visit or interact with even when a link may appear to said site from ours.
Principia wants you to feel confident using the Site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although Principia takes steps to secure your information, Principia does not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your personal information, Principia will notify you as necessary so you can take appropriate protective steps. Principia may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address(es) Principia has on record for you. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their Personal Information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission"s website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
OUR SITE IS NOT FOR USE BY MINORS
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. To use the Site, you must be the age of legal majority in your place of residence. By using the Site, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence. The Site does not contain an application or other mechanism to determine the age of users. All information provided to Principia will be treated as if it was provided by an adult. If, however, we learn that a minor has submitted information about himself/herself to us, we will delete the information as soon as possible.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may provide links to third-party web sites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of any website that we do not own or control. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of third-party websites before providing any information to or through them.
California law permits individuals who provide Principia with Personal Information and who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. At this time, Principia does not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If Principia changes this policy, it will update this provision and provide instructions on how you may make a request for details concerning such information.
GOVERNING LAW, ARBITRATION, ETC
Copyright © 2015 Principia Partners LLC. All rights reserved.
Principia Partners LLC
120 Broadway- Suite 1340
New York, NY 10271
Telephone: (212) 480-2270
Facsimile: (201) 526-8391